- the existing classification of cities, towns and the rates of allowance ordered in G.O. MS. No. 64 dated: 09.03.2010 and G.O.MS.No.59, dated: 11.04.2011 of Finance (PC-I) Department, shall be retained for the purpose of admissibility of House Rent Allowance as indicated below.
- The above entitlement shall be subject to a ceiling of Rs.20,000 per month for employees working and living in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation. For other places, the ceiling of HRA shall be Rs.15,000.
- These orders are applicable to: i) Employees of the State Government; ii) Employees of Local Bodies and Aided Institutions, including Aided Polytechnics, in respect of those drawing pay in regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales of 2015; and iii) Work-charged establishment in respect of those drawing pay in regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales of 2015.
- The revised HRA rates being ordered in this Government Order shall not be applicable to the following categories of employees, who shall continue to draw the allowance at the existing rates: i) Teachers working in the Universities, affiliated degree colleges both under Government and Aided managements who are drawing pay in the UGC/ ICAR/ AICTE pay Scales; ii) Officers of All India Services (AIS);
- Separate Orders will be issued in respect of officers of Andhra Pradesh Higher Judicial Services and Andhra Pradesh State Judicial Services. These orders shall not apply to the Police personnel in the rank of Inspectors and below for whom separate orders will be issued by the Home Department
- These orders shall come into force with effect from June 02, 2014. The revised rates of HRA shall be paid in cash along with the salary in the Revised Pay Scales 2015, from the month of April 2015.
- Download GO.48
CLASSIFICATION OF CITIES AND TOWNS FOR HRA
|Hyderabad and Secunderabad classified as A1 City and areas falling within the jurisdiction of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation||30% of Basic Pay|
Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation,
|20% of Basic Pay|
2. Palasa, Kasibugga (Srikakulam Dist.)
4. Bobbili (Vizianagaram Dist.) 5. Tuni,
9. Amalapuram (East Godavari Dist.)
14.Palakole (West Godavari Dist.)
18.Machilipatnam (Krishna Dist.)
30.Repalle (Guntur Dist.)
33.Kandukur (Prakasam Dist.),
36.Venkatagiri (Nellore Dist.)
41.Rajampet, (Kadapa Dist.)
44. Dhone (Kurnool Dist.),
50. Hindupur (Anantapur Dist.)
56. Chittoor and
57. Palamaner (Chittoor Dist.)
|14.5% of basic pay|
|Other Municipalities||12% of basic Pay|